"I'd been to Nepal before, but traveling with Alpine Ascents was a different trip altogether. The trek logistics were flawlessly organized, from Kathmandu to Base Camp (even the layovers in Bangkok) so I could concentrate on enjoying the countryside. Traveling with experienced guides like Todd and Willi opens doors that are closed to most visitors. Not only do those guys know the way, they know most of the people along the way, and the result is a cultural experience unmatched by anything I've experienced before. It's the way Himalayan travel should be." -Peter Potterfield, Editor, www.GreatOutdoors.com
- Alpine Ascents stands apart in that your guide is also a professional climber, adding a unique dimension of climbing history in addition to Sherpa and monastic culture.
Why Trek With Us?
- We are proud to be one of the few groups that veer off the main travel to visit the monastic community of Thame and visit the Thame monastery. This is truly a unique look at Sherpa village life and the chance to visit one of the most loved monasteries in the region. Read More
What Former Trekkers Say...
- "Fantastic! It was everything I had hoped for and more! The itinerary was perfect! It allowed plenty of time to acclimate and I felt stronger as we got to higher altitude. Also, the folks you had on the ground in Nepal were fantastic! ." -Tiffany B. Read More
- Our treks are open to any reasonably fit enthusiast. Hiking among the Himalayas is a lifetime experience not to be missed!
Base Camp and Beyond
- Read our day to day itinerary for this expedition. Our schedule has been finely honed over the past 20 years.