Volcanoes of Iceland Schedule & Prices
10-Day Land Trip Costs and Schedule
2015 DatesJune 19 - June 28, 2015
Depart Country of Origin June 19 - Arrive Reykjavik morning June 20 - Depart June 28
2015 Land Costs
$700.00 deposit, due with application
Balance due 120 days prior to departure.
Land Costs Include
All in country transportation
Hotels in Iceland
All climbing fees
All group climbing gear
All meals - except breakfast day 1 and Lunch/Dinner Day 9
Park fees and permits
Land Costs Do Not Include
$25 Wire Transfer Fee (If Applicable)
International round-trip airfare USA-Iceland
Single Room Supplement ($400 US)
Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents' control - including extra hotels if climbers choose to opt out of any climbing portions
All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
Trip cancellation insurance
Iceland Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions.
Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $200.00 non-refundable registration fee.
• All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
• Full refunds, less deposit, will be provided 120 days or more prior to the expedition date.
• 50% refunds will be provided 60-120 days prior to expedition date.
• No refunds will be provided 59-days prior to the expedition date.
• All refund requests must be made in writing.
• Participants whose balances are not received by the 120th day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services. In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with Travelex.
• If you are signing up online or over the phone our location number is #47-0553.
• For non-technical trips choose the Travel Select plan.
• For technical climbs choose the Travel Select Plan and select the Adventurer Plus Pak during your check out.
• There is a requirement that you sign up for your policy within 21 days of registering for your trip if you have a pre-existing condition.
• The Adventurer Plus Pak must be purchased within 21 days of your trip registration.
• Detailed policy information will be sent upon receipt of your completed application.
Return to Top of Page