Kilimanjaro Prices & Schedule
Deposit: $700.00. Due with application.
Balance due 120 days prior to departure.
Price Includes/Does Not Include
Our Time Tested Routes:
Machame Route utilizing a full 7 days is our classic ascent with nearly 95% success
Lemosho Route using 9 days with a night at the crater rim after summit.
(Best for those who have had some experience at altitude)
Our scheduled departures are all led by one of our Seattle-based guides
We also offer private trips that can depart on any given date.
June 25 - July 9, 2016 - Open
July 7 - July 21, 2016- Open
July 16 - July 30, 2016 - Open
July 29 - August 12, 2016 - Open
August 11 - August 25, 206 - Open
August 21 - September 4, 2016 - Open
September 3 - September 17, 2016 - Open
September 15 - September 29, 2016 - Open
December 2 - December 16, 2016 - Open
December 17 - December 31, 2016 - Open
December 29 - January 12, 2017 - Open
January 7 - January 21, 2017 - Open
February 3 - February 17, 2017 - Open
February 16 - March 2, 2017 - Open
- All schedules account for round trip travel from home country.
- "Climb only" return dates are 3 days sooner than posted schedule. We are happy to provide specific day to day itineraries for your departure - please email us at: email@example.com
- Please contact our office for the most up to date availability for each departure.
- All land costs listed, round trip international airfare not included.
- All land costs are per person, based on double occupancy. Single room available for an additional charge; you may be charged single-room fee if we cannot find a pairing for you.
- Dates & Prices are subject to change - Recent price increases are due to new Park entrance fees and related fees in Tanzania.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Alpine Ascents offers a 10% discount for those partaking in back-to-back climbs of Mt. Elbrus, and Kilimanjaro two of the seven summits. This combination offers an excellent opportunity to save money and experience two extremely different climbs, while completing two of the seven summits.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Climb Only and Safari Only Options
For those climbers with limited time, we offer a Climb-Only option for this trip at a reduced price. Contact our office for details. For those climber that are interested in family members joining them on the safari after the climb, or for those individuals interested in experiencing the fantastic game parks of Africa without the challenge of climbing Kilimanjaro, we offer a Safari-Only option on each of our departures. Contact our office for details and pricing.
Private Group Programs
Each season Alpine Ascents operates private climbs to Kilimanjaro for organizations, families, fundraising teams and a variety of social groups. Please contact us to assist in arranging your climb and safari, for your team. In most cases we can accommodate your schedule and as always, we will have an Alpine Ascents professional mountain guide lead your climb. Read More
If you would like information on the above please contact Gordon Janow
All Tanzania transportation on scheduled dates.
All Hotel accommodations in Tanzania during listed itinerary. (double occupancy; if we cannot find a pairing for you additional fees may be incurred)
All group equipment, such as tents, stoves, closed cell foam pads etc.
All meals (B,L,D) during the climb and safari
Porters, drivers, guides, park fees and climbing permits
Price Does Not Include
$25 Wire Transfer Fee (If Applicable)
International round-trip airfare Tanzania
Optional Serengeti Balloon Ride ($550.00)
Tanzanian and/or Kenyan visas
Meals, transport, and lodging outside the regular itinerary.
Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
Personal gear (see gear list)
Optional Single Room Supplement (hotels only)
Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents International
Tips and gratuities
All prices and dates subject to change.
Kilimanjaro Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions.
Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $200.00 non-refundable registration fee.
Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 120-days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
50% refunds will be provided 90-119 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
No refunds will be provided 89 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Return to Top of Page