Trekking in Ladakh Schedule & Prices2014 Dates
August 16 - September 5, 2014
Arrive Delhi August 19. Depart September 6
$500.00 deposit, due with application
Balance due 120 days prior to departure.
Land Costs Include
• All in country transportation excluding domestic flight
• Hotels and lodging in India
• All transport fees
• All group climbing and trekking gear
• All meals except in New Delhi and Leh (this will allow for some different dining options)
• Park fees and permits
Land Costs Do Not Include
• International round-trip airfare USA-New Delhi
•Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
•All expenses incurred in the event of early departure ( evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
• Domestic flight New Delhi – Leh ( $200)
• Personal gear (see gear list)
• Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
• Personal items
• Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents International’s control
• Trip cancellation insurance - highly recommended
Note: Upon receipt of your application, you will receive additional information with regards to health, visas, immunizations, etc. We also encourage you to speak with our Program Director, Gordon Janow about your personal interests, so you may be steered towards enjoyable pre-trip research.
India Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90-days or more prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
50% refunds will be provided 60-89 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
No refunds will be provided 59-days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the 90-day period, as stated above.
All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
Participants whose balances are not received by the 90-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services. In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with Travelex.
• If you are signing up online or over the phone our location number is #47-0553.
• For non-technical trips choose the Travel Select plan.
• For technical climbs choose the Travel Select Plan and select the Adventurer Plus Pak during your check out.
• There is a requirement that you sign up for your policy within 21 days of registering for your trip if you have a pre-existing condition.
• The Adventurer Plus Pak must be purchased within 21 days of your trip registration.
• Detailed policy information will be sent upon receipt of your completed application.
Return to Top of Page