Why Climb Carstensz Pyramid with Alpine Ascents?
From our expertise gained from the world’s high mountain ranges, we have created a personalized and enjoyable approach to this popular trip. The familiarity with the region, combined with our expertise and knowledge around the world, lend a depth and richness to every expedition that we feel is unrivaled in the guiding community.
This departure employs the use of both helicopters and hiking with porters to reach base camp.
Your safety on this expedition is a prime concern, and we therefore provide you with the best equipment available. All guides are well-versed in wilderness first-aid techniques. Ultimately your guide makes decisions with your comfort and safety in mind, and yet tries to maximize your adventure. For your own safety, it is important that you are comfortable with standard climbing techniques and climbing equipment.
Recent Expedition Success
- Our 2018 Winter expedition saw lead guide Ben Jones and 100% of the team to the summit.
- Our 2017 expedition saw lead guide Paul Koubek and 100% of the team to the summit.
- Our 2016 expedition saw lead guide Paul Koubek and 100% of the team to the summit.
- Our 2013 expedition saw lead guide Vern Tejas and 100% of the team to the summit.
- Our 2010 expedition, led by Vern Tejas, saw 100% of its climbers (five) reach the top.
- Our 2007 expedition, led by Dave Morton, saw 100% (four) of the climbers reach the top.
- Prior to 1995, we were the leading guide service to Carstensz, with 100% success. Our 1994 and 1995 expeditions had outstanding success, with 18 climbers (each entire expedition) reaching the summit.
- As always, we highly encourage you to contact former climbers.