- $700.00 deposit, due with application
- Balance due 120 days prior to departure
- The balance can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%
- Transportation to and from airport in Kathmandu
- Hotels and breakfasts in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner
- Round-trip flight to Lukla
- All group camp supplies, such as tents, stoves, etc.
- All group climbing gear
- All meals while trekking
- Park fees and trekking permits
- Sherpa, porters and guides
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- International round-trip air fare USA-Nepal
- Helicopter departure. (Optional)
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Personal gear
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Personal items
- Please note that climbers have been delayed in Lukla awaiting return to KTM. At times helicopters can fly when planes cannot. Helicopter cost is approximately $400 to be paid by the trekker
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents
October 19 – November 14, 2019
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
Arrive Kathmandu 10/21. Depart Kathmandu 11/13.
March 27 – April 24, 2020
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
Arrive Kathmandu 3/29. Depart Kathmandu 4/21.
- All schedules account for round trip-travel from home country.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round-trip international airfare not included.
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. SRS available for an additional charge.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Island Peak Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $300 non refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 120 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
- Refunds of 50%, less registration fee, will be provided 90-119 days prior to course, trek, and/or expedition date.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days prior to course, trek, and/or expedition date.
All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%. Payment details will be in your billing statement.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Vern, Carole and the sherpa team did an excellent job of organizing and keeping things moving. They clearly have a deep love for that region of the glove. Vern’s knowledge and experience as a climber is unquestionable, and he was able to pass that along. The administrative side is well organized and the staff are […]