Our price includes helicopter to be used Lukla to KTM or on return to KTM after the trip (we use KTM to Lukla if the domestic airport is closed to alleviate a 5 hour drive to start the trip). If no issues or delays with the flight to Lukla, we use the heli at end of trip to avoid back ups at the Lukla airport. The use of helicopters provides a much more reliable as plane flights can be cancelled. Having helis built into the program provides a far better service to trekkers.
- A deposit of $700.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
- Transportation to and from airport in Kathmandu
- Hotels and breakfasts in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner
- Round-trip flight to Lukla
- All group camp supplies, such as tents, stoves, etc.
- All group climbing gear
- All meals while trekking
- Park fees and trekking permits
- Sherpa, porters and guides
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- International round-trip air fare USA-Nepal
- Helicopter departure. (Optional)
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Personal gear
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Personal items
- Gratuities for guide team
- Please note that climbers have been delayed in Lukla awaiting return to KTM. At times helicopters can fly when planes cannot. Helicopter cost is approximately $400 to be paid by the trekker
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents
Early departure options available via heli
No Upcoming Departures. Check again soon.
March 23 – April 18, 2024
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
October 12 – November 7, 2024
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
- All schedules account for round trip-travel from home country.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round-trip international airfare not included.
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. SRS available for an additional charge.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Island Peak Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the expedition start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the expedition start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
The Everest Base Camp Trek / Island Peak climb program was planned, communicated, and executed perfectly. Honestly, it is quite difficult trying to identify any true flaws with the program. The acclimatization schedule was spot on.