Why Climb the Volcanoes of Mexico with Us?
Stuart was great throughout the whole trip. I am climbing Denali with Alpine Ascents in May of next year and he was very helpful in preparing me for that trip even more. -2016 Climber
We have been guiding in Mexico for more than 20 years and have built close relationships in the communities where we guide and tour. We run several expeditions every year, and our familiarity with the region combined with our expertise and knowledge of mountain climbing lend a depth and richness to every expedition that we feel is unrivaled in the guiding community.
As always, we highly encourage you to contact former climbers.
Recent Expedition Success
2016 saw high summit success with lead guide Stuart Robertson. Our 2015 teams met with 100% summit success. 2014 saw summit success on both peaks, and some of the best evaluations we have received. In 2013 Stuart Robertson guided 100% of all climbers to the summit of all peaks on the expedition.
Since 1993, we have run over 30 successful expeditions in Mexico and consistently receive fantastic evaluations from all climbers. We encourage you to contact last year’s climbers and review the guide’s bios. During the last few years, nearby Popo has been erupting, but this has not affected our expedition logistics as of yet.
Alpine Ascents on Mexico
As one of the few guide services that sends professional guides from the United States, we offer distinctive guiding services where most others simply “hire a local service.” In turn, we have great summit success, exceptional evaluations, and a very well-organized program. We hand pick local guides and drivers who are well aware of local customs and political issues in that region. We travel on popular tourist routes and utilize high-standard lodging.
This Volcanoes of Mexico Climb is an excellent way to test your climbing skills at altitude and experience an affordable international expedition, all within a 10-day period.
Our Trips Offer
- An Alpine Ascents guide to lead each trip (2017 Scheduled guides: Stuart Robertson and Victor McNeil, along with local guides that we have used for many years)
- A fully inclusive trip (no hidden costs)
- Low climber-to-guide ratio
- A 10-day itinerary, which greatly increases chances for summit success. Most outfitters try to climb these two peaks in eight to nine days.
- Experience of 20 years guiding in Mexico, with about 90% summit success the last five years.
- Full support in Mexico, including high-standard hotels and airport pick-up. Many competitors cut costs by offering lower quality accommodations and additional services.
We offer a 10-day itinerary and have backup plans should some of the mountains pose difficult conditions. See our Itinerary for more details.