Good evening friends and family, this is Dennis reporting in for Alp 4 or Team Chavo. The last few days have been pretty eventful. The team yesterday split up: half the team climbed the headwall again and pushed up to High Camp (17,200 feet); and the other half of the team stayed down at 14,000 as one of the team members was having a migraine, not feeling real good.
Today though we woke to sunny blue skies and we’re all feeling good, so we pushed up the hill and met up with the other half of the team, who did a backcarry down the ridge to the Col at the top of the fixed lines. We consolidated strength there, reorganized our equipment, and pushed up to High Camp together as a team. We were fortunate enough to find an established camp and only needed to do a little work to reinforce the walls, dig out the sink platform.
The weather today was mostly sunny, blue skies with the exception of a little snow shower in the afternoon. We’re all heading for bed now, after a nice meal of pesto pasta. Everyone’s got nice hot water bottles and thermoses and we’re excited to see what the weather will bring tomorrow. We will wait until the morning to see what the weather brings to decide whether we push to the summit tomorrow or wait for another weather day.
Everyone is feeling good though and excited about the prospect of the summit in the next couple of days. Thanks for listening guys. We’ll keep you posted and give you another call tomorrow. Thanks a lot, ciao.