We are at camp 3 (24,500ft) and resting for our summit push tonight. We are doing great and it is looking like the weather will hold for us. We have had the same pattern of moisture in the afternoon and then clearing, so we are hoping at least once more for this so we can descend as far as we can after summiting.
Lakpa, along with some other help was able to get the route in with fixed lines early in the morning. A friend of ours made the first summit of the season today and made a nice ski descent with his client. We are expecting to be on the summit tomorrow morning Nepal time around 7 am on the 26th is September. I will try and update with a call from the summit if we have the time but first priority is to get back down after we summit!
Thanks for following along! We are enjoying some tea and looking down on some clouds with many snow capped peaks all around and the Tibetan Plateau in the near distance as well. The contrast of brown plains and snowy peaks is an incredible sight.
Talk to you soon!