Tonight at 12am Nepal time we will head up through the Khumbu icefall to Camp 1, and then continue on to Camp 2 to begin our last rotation up the mountain for our summit bid. We will be a little flexible with our summit date but right now are targeting the 18th with the possibility of changing that date depending on the weather forecast. Our plan will be to rest at Camp 2 on the 14th, then on to Camp 3, Camp 4 or the South Col on the 16th, resting on the 17th and summiting on the 18th. It takes several days to get into position and the weather can change so we will remain flexible but will be on the launch pad at camp 2.
The last few days have been great for the team to rest and relax in the comforts of Basecamp but we are all healthy and getting mentally prepared for the final push up the mountain. I will be updating from the satellite phone letting you know where we are but remember “no news is good news” if for some reason I’m not able to update on a daily basis. Our team of climbers will be in very good hands on summit day with myself, our Sirdar Nima Tenzing and 3 of our strongest Sherpa all looking out for the climbers and their safety. We’ve now been at Basecamp for exactly 1 month which feels like it’s been a long time but also feels like the season has gone by very fast all of the sudden. At least it does to me, but our climbers may say otherwise as a month at 17,500ft and above is actually a long time!
Thanks for following along, I looking forward to updating each day and especially after we hopefully will be standing on top of the World!