Pretty in eventful day today at camp 1! We slept in, had breakfast and mostly hung out and rested the rest of the day. Tomorrow we will be heading up to camp 2. It should take us around 6 hours or so reach camp 2 at 23,500ft.
The weather was beautiful today. Lot’s of sun, warm, and no wind. We have been studying a few weather forecasts and they are all saying towards the end of the week we may get a lot of snow for a few days! So one possibility, depending on how the team is feeling is that we continue on to camp 3 the next day and then summit the day after on the 26th. If we are not feeling strong and well acclimatized we will descend back to ABC and see what happens with the possible storm. We think this could be the best weather window for us to summit in the next week or so, so we are trying to take advantage of it if we can.
Everyone is excited at the possibility of summiting in a few days but also realizes that we may just stick to our original plan of sleeping at camp 2 and then descending to camp 2 for some rest before our summit attempt a few days later. We will keep you informed as we make this decision.
We have had part of the team turn around and end their expedition in the last couple weeks for different reasons and have been thinking of them as we will soon wrap up this expedition. We have had a lot of laughs and fun times on this expedition and miss them not being with us.
We are heading off to bed now and will dream of health, safety, and good weather for the next few days.
Thanks for following along!