Greetings from basecamp on Ama Dablam at 4600m.
We are starting to see a trend in the forecast for decreasing winds starting on Nov 7th-9th. Our team is very excited to return to the upper mountain after spending 9 day at basecamp.
It is easy to forget this is very common on a big mountain expedition to have bad weather for periods of time. Hopefully our patience with the mountain will pay off.
Our plan is tomorrow (11/6) to head up to Camp 1 leaving basecamp around 9am. We should be at Camp 1 in the afternoon. If weather and conditions allow, the team will move to Camp 2 on Nov 7th. Early morning on the 8th if the winds and weather permit we will make a summit attempt and return to camp. We will be back at basecamp on Nov 9th if the weather cooperates for our plan.
We will try to update the cybercast via satellite telephone from the camps when capable.
Thanks for following and will be in touch from the upper mountain.