These mountaineering specific glasses are as timeless as they are stylish. Featuring:
- Grip Tech Temples: Soft, rubberized temples offer comfort and perfect grip.
- Leather Side Shields: The signature feature of glacier glasses is unmistakably vintage and has protected the eyes of generations of mountaineers.
- Metal Frame: Tested and approved by mountaineers around the world, iconic metal frames are designed to endure years of use.
- Temples with Earbend: lexible temple ends increase grip and comfort around the ears.
Spectron polycarbonate lenses are light and offer good shock resistance, making them great for mountaineering:
- Spectron 3 – offer a visible light transmission rate of 12% (VLT is the amount of light that reaches your eyes through the lens. The smaller the percentage, the more protection from the suns UV ray’s as less light is being transmitted through the lens). The colored mirror coating improves the filtration of visible light by applying a mirror effect to the lens.
- Spectron 4 – offer a VLT of 5%. The anti-reflective coating improves visual comfort by eliminating stray reflections and the flash finish improves filtration of visible light by applying a mirror effect to the lens.