ALPINE ASCENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DENALI NATIONAL PARK AND PRESERVE DEPARTURES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS DOCUMENT
This document, (Terms and Conditions) is a binding contract between Alpine Ascents International LLC located at 109 W Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98119, Alpine Ascents Denali LLC located at 15541 E. Coffey Lane, Talkeetna, AK 99676, both their officers, agents, contractors, employees, owners, directors, associates, sponsors and all other persons or entities associated or acting in any capacity for or on behalf of these businesses (hereinafter collectively referred to as “AAI-AAD”) and you, the participant in an AAI-AAD trek, climb or other activity, (herein referred to as “participant”). In consideration of the services of AAI-AAD, I agree as follows:
RESERVATIONS: A reservation will be reserved for the participant once the deposit for a specific trek, climb or other activity (herein referred to as “program”) is received. Payment can be made by credit card, check from US bank account or bank transfer. Your deposit is your confirmation that you agree to all Terms and Conditions and other relevant information concerning your selected program.
RESERVATION CONFIRMATION: Each applicant must complete an application form which can be found on AAI-AAD’s website or request a PDF application from our office. Once your application is received and reviewed, AAI-AAD will confirm your reservation via e-mail and include confirmation materials with important information relating to your selected program. This includes gear lists, physical training routines, visa requirements, etc. AAI-AAD’s goal is to build strong teams and make sure all participants have satisfactorily completed any prerequisites, if required. AAI-AAD reserves the right to deny participation to any participant until reviewing their application. It is the participants responsibility to let us know if the information specified in the application changes before the departure date.
KNOWLEDGE OF CONDITIONS SET FORTH: When the participant sends a completed and signed application and deposit for a program and it is accepted by AAI-AAD, it is understood that the participant acknowledges and agrees to all the conditions herein and certifies that the information submitted in the application is complete and true.
PRICING: All prices advertised in AAI-AAD publications are expressed in United States Dollars and are subject to change without prior notice. The participant accepts the listed price at the time the deposit is received by AAI-AAD.
BALANCE DUE: All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date of your program. Balances can be paid by bank transfer or by checks from US bank accounts. Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the program without any refund of deposit.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
- AAI-AAD highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs.
- Due to large upfront costs to guarantee logistical services and climbing permits, AAI-AAD must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- AAI-AAD reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- Full refunds, less the non-refundable deposit/registration fee, will be provided 121-days or more before departure date of participant’s program.
- 50% refunds will be provided between 90-120 days prior to the departure date of participant’s program.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days or less prior to the departure date of participant’s program.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office on or before the deadline dates as stated above.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: We highly recommend purchasing trip cancellation/ interruption and evac insurance for your program. AAI-AAD offers plans in conjunction with a travel insurance provider. Detailed policy information will be sent upon receipt of your deposit.
ADDITIONAL EXPENSES: AAI-AAD program participants are responsible and will pay all expenses incurred or associated with departing their program early for whatever reason including but not limited to illness, injury or other personal reasons. The Participant is responsible for paying their own evacuation, rescue, transport costs and for all other services not included in the AAI-AAD program. The Participant acknowledges they have the necessary insurances to cover this type of expenses or have sufficient financial capability to pay these costs.
PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACKNOWLEGMENTS
- Participants are responsible for their own well-being. This includes good health and possess the physical fitness and climbing prerequisites required for their program.
- Participants joining a program may be required to obtain a physician's release prior to departure.
- Participants acknowledge that they have been advised to have sufficient personal life, medical, accident, travel, baggage, cancellation, interruption, rescue, repatriation and other insurances that pertain to their participation in an AAI-AAD program. Participants understand that AAI-AAD does not provide them any type of insurance coverage.
- Participants are responsible for knowing all pre-departure information and to prepare and bring proper equipment and clothing as outlined in the information.
- Participants are responsible to adhere to basic standards of personal hygiene (to minimize the risk of traveler’s diseases).
- Participants are responsible to act in a considerate manner toward all group members and with respect for each country's customs, values and traditions. Participants agree to refrain from use of offensive language.
- Participant agrees to follow the appropriate Leave No Trace practices.
- Participants are prohibited from using drugs that may negatively affect their performance, including alcohol, while actually trekking, climbing or performing other activities that involve risk of injury.
- Participant gives their consent for AAI-AAD to use their photograph, video likeness and/or voice to be used in its publications, including its website.
- Participants agree not to participate in the publishing of any trek, course or climb related news, dispatches, cybercasts or other media content without the written permission of AAI-AAD.
- Participants agree to inform AAI-AAD at the time of application of any pending or actual employment, agency or sponsorship relationships that are related to their participation in the AAI-AAD program.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF AAI-AAD PROGAMS
AAI-AAD, it’s officers, agents, contractors, employees, owners, directors, associates, sponsors and all other persons or entities associated or acting in any capacity for or on behalf of these businesses hereby give notice that they act only as agents for hotels, transportation companies, land operators and suppliers of travel services. AAI-AAD assumes no responsibility or liability in connection with the operation or service of any aircraft, motor vehicle, other conveyance, inn, lodge or hotel which may be used wholly, or in part, for services to AAI-AAD and its clients. AAI-AAD, its operators, airlines and agents will not be responsible for any act, error, omission, nor for any injury, loss accident, delay, inconvenience, irregularity or damage which may be occasioned by any cause whatsoever. This includes acts of nature, civil disturbance, government restrictions or failure of any means of conveyance to adhere to published schedule.
AAI-AAD reserves the right to change the price of, cancel or withdraw any trek, course or expedition for any reason whatsoever prior to departure. After departure, AAI-AAD reserves the right to alter or omit any part of the itinerary, to substitute hotels or leaders, to change any means of conveyance without notice and without allowance of refund, with liability for increased costs (if any) borne by participants. AAI-AAD reserves the right to accept or reject any participant at any time and for any reason.
GUIDES’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Given the nature of the service hired by the participant, the decisions taken by the guide as program leader are final. If the guide considers that the participant’s behavior, physical condition, mental illness or any other reason emanating from said participant may be dangerous to the safety, health or well-being of said participant or of the whole group, the participant will be asked to leave the program and shall not be entitled to any refund whatsoever and be responsible for any additional costs associated with their departure such as but not limited to transportation, hotels, meals, etc. The guide, as the group leader, can decide on any changes to the itinerary, including ending the program if he/she considers the team is in danger and if such change will be for the good of the program. The participant acknowledges the guide's authority concerning decisions that encompass changes in the program.
AAI-AAD will make its best effort to provide you with a summit attempt within the guidelines of this document and itinerary. AAI-AAD cannot guarantee that you will reach the summit of a peak. Weather, route conditions, your own abilities or the abilities of other climbers may create circumstances that make an ascent unsafe and you or your entire team may have to turn around without reaching the summit. No refunds will be given by AAI-AAD for not reaching the summit for any reason.
AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS DOCUMENT
In consideration of the services furnished and to be furnished to me as a participant of an AAI-AAD program, I hereby agree to all terms and conditions in this document. In the event that I file a lawsuit against AAI-AAD, I agree to do so solely in the state of Washington, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
I have had sufficient opportunity to carefully read this entire document and clearly understand and voluntarily agree to be bound by its terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledge that this agreement shall be effective and binding upon me, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate and for all members of my family, including, my spouse and minor children.