Why Climb with us on our Alaska 8 Day Mountaineering Course?
- One of the world’s finest and most longstanding Guide Staffs.
- Learn to climb in the Alaska Mountain Range in the shadow of Denali
- Famed bush flight into the glacier – (same spectacular glacier flight as Denali climbers)
- Chance to summit 2 peaks in Alaska Range
- Intensive glacier training, developing mountaineering skills
- 7 nights on the mountain
- Full days of instruction in the field with highly skilled professional teachers on superb glaciated terrain
- 5:1 climbers per team maximum size
- Small group sizes
- Full gear check and gear explanation before climb
- Glacier price included in flight
- Alpine Ascents International has been leading mountaineering courses for over 20 years
- Each climber gets an evaluation from the guide
- Gear rental available for all Alpine Ascents climbers
- Each climber receives t-shirt or logo item
- Completes prerequisite for many advanced Alpine Ascents climbs
Both guides were effective teachers. They would explain, demonstrate, observe and then correct or suggest refinements. There was always another level of expertise available–and our guides were happy to go down any rabbit hole of knowledge they had (glacial features and route planning? check. One-handed munter and other knot variations? check. Names of each member of the Wu-Tang clan plus any alternative names? check and check.) -2019 Climber
My guide had a deep inherent knowledge of the mountain that seemed to flow very naturally. She was a wealth of facts and knowledge shot-gunning her extensive climbing experience at us. The both of them though different seemed very proficient on the mountain.