- $400.00 deposit, due with application
- AIARE 1 course certificate
- E-online learning
- AIARE field book
- AIARE student workbook
- Guide fees (max 6:1 student-to-instructor ratio)
- Park fees
Price Does Not Include
- $25 Wire Transfer Fee (If Applicable)
- Personal gear (see equipment list)
- Transportation to/from Seattle, Washington
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle. (We have a preferred arrangement with the MarQueen Hotel, 1 block from our office)
- Transfers to/from Seattle office
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
- Trip cancellation insurance
Our 24 hour AIARE avalanche education program follows a Thursday and Friday night format with a Saturday and Sunday field session. The program allows for participants to not miss a day of work or school, or for easy travel into Seattle on Thursday mid-day. It is the exact same curriculum as the standard three day course, broken up into two consecutive evening classroom sessions at Alpine Ascents International.
Thursday and Friday: Evening classroom sessions at Alpine Ascents International 6pm-9:00pm
Saturday- Sunday: Field sessions 8am – 5pm (transportation not provided except for Mount Rainier programs)
Dec 3 – 6, 2020 – Mt. Rainier, WA
Dec 10 – 13, 2020 – Mt. Baker, WA
Dec 17 – 20, 2020 – Snoqualmie Pass, WA
Jan 1 – 3, 2021 – Mt. Rainier, WA (3-Day weekend itinerary)
Jan 7 – 10, 2021 – Mt. Baker, WA
Jan 16 – 18, 2021 – Snoqualmie Pass, WA (3-Day weekend itinerary)
Jan 28- 31, 2021 – Mt. Baker, WA
Feb 13 – 15, 2021 – Mt. Rainier, WA (3-Day weekend itinerary)
Feb 18 – 21, 2021 – Mt. Baker, WA
Mar 4 – 7, 2021 – Snoqualmie Pass, WA
3-day weekend offerings
Saturday: Full day classroom session at Alpine Ascents International
Sunday – Monday: Field sessions 8am – 5pm (transportation not provided except for Mount Rainier programs)
Jan 1 – 3, 2021 – Mt. Rainier, WA
Feb 13 – 15, 2021 – Mt. Rainier, WA
Feb 16 – 18, 2021 -Snoqualmie Pass, WA
- Please contact our office for the most up to date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round trip airfare not included.
- Dates & Prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
School Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy. Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $300.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Deposits are due at time of registration to reserve space on the course. Please include with completed application form.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to start date unless otherwise specified.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 120 days prior to course start date.
- 50% refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90-119 days prior to course start date.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days prior to course start date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the dealines stated above.
- If Alpine Ascents cancels or reschedules a program, all fees are refundable and/or transferable.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
I have climbed with AAI multiple times. This was one of, if not the best experience so far. From beginning to end everything was perfect. The itinerary was clear and coordinated, the staff/guides were exceptional, accommodations and travel arrangements very good. I could not have asked for more.