- $350.00 deposit, due with application
- AIARE 1 course certificate
- E-online learning
- AIARE field book
- AIARE student workbook
- Guide fees (max 6:1 student-to-instructor ratio)
- Park fees
Price Does Not Include
- $25 Wire Transfer Fee (If Applicable)
- Personal gear (see equipment list)
- Transportation to/from Seattle, Washington
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle. (We have a preferred arrangement with the MarQueen Hotel, 1 block from our office)
- Transfers to/from Seattle office
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
- Trip cancellation insurance
Our 24 hour AIARE avalanche education program follows a Thursday and Friday night format with a Saturday and Sunday field session. The program allows for participants to not miss a day of work or school, or for easy travel into Seattle on Thursday mid-day. It is the exact same curriculum as the standard three day course, broken up into two consecutive evening classroom sessions at Alpine Ascents International.
Thursday and Friday: Evening classroom sessions at Alpine Ascents International 6pm-9:00pm
Saturday- Sunday: Field sessions 8am – 5pm (transportation not provided)
Dec 12 – 15, 2019 – Mt. Rainier, WA – Sold Out
Dec 19 – 22, 2019 – Mt. Baker, WA – Sold Out
Jan 9 – 12, 2020 – Snoqualmie Pass, WA – Sold Out
Jan 18 – 20, 2020 – Mt. Rainier, WA (3-day weekend itinerary)
Jan 30 – Feb 2, 2020 – Snoqualmie Pass, WA – Sold Out
Feb 15 – 17, 2020 – Mt. Baker, WA (3-day weekend itinerary)
Feb 20 – 23, 2020 – Mt. Baker, WA
3-day weekend offerings
Saturday: Full day classroom session at Alpine Ascents International
Sunday – Monday: Field sessions 8am – 5pm (transportation not provided)
Jan 18 – 20, 2020 – Mt. Rainier, WA
Feb 15 – 17, 2020 – Mt. Baker, WA
- Please contact our office for the most up to date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round trip airfare not included.
- Dates & Prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
School Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy. Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $300.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Deposits are due at time of registration to reserve space on the course. Please include with completed application form.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to start date unless otherwise specified.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 120 days prior to course start date.
- 50% refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90-119 days prior to course start date.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days prior to course start date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the dealines stated above.
- If Alpine Ascents cancels or reschedules a program, all fees are refundable and/or transferable.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Bolivia climbing is a well-kept secret. The climbing is spectacular, challenging and very satisfying. The fact that the peaks are all below 21,000 ft. and can be climbed in just a few days leads them to be underappreciated and underestimated.