Why join us on our Backpacking & Wilderness Navigation course?
Alpine Ascents International has been walking in the wilderness for more than three decades. During this time, we have experienced nearly every kind of terrain the world offers, from the arid, red Southwestern deserts to the dripping wet emerald rainforests of the Pacific Northwest. Further afield, we have traveled the windswept high steppes of Mongolia, the deep jungles of Papua New Guinea, and bear-laden tundra of Alaska. No matter where we go or what we wish to climb, we are fundamentally backpackers, dependent on camping and navigation skills.
Things to consider:
- We tailor the backpacking route to maximize weather, ensure excellent trail conditions, and the needs of the group
- Transportation provided to/from Seattle to course location
- Full gear check and gear explanation before climb
- Excellent value compared to longer courses or courses in a National Park
- Each student receives a personal evaluation from the guide
- Gear rental available for all Alpine Ascents students
- Each student receives t-shirt or logo item
From Everest Trek: I would like to thank everyone at Alpine Ascents for a wonderful trip to Everest Base Camp. Our guide, Sidar, and sherpas were extremely helpful and encouraging throughout the trek. The schedule we were given allowed us to acclimate properly and allowed us to explore the villages we were based in. An […]