- A deposit of $500.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the course.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to course start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- When registering for a trip within 120 days of its departure, full trip cost is due upon registration.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the course.
- Trip reservation changes, if available, are subject to a $100 change fee.
- NPS climbing cost recovery fee and park entrance fee
- Guide fees (4:1 climber-to-guide ratio, 2:1 on summit day)
- Round trip transportation between Seattle and the trailhead
- Group equipment such as ropes, snow and ice protection, etc.
- Alpine Ascents Logo Item
Price Does Not Include
- Personal equipment (see Gear List)
- Meals on course for first 6 days. Meals will be provided on Rainier portion (excluding lunches). Part of our ethic is to teach self-sufficiency in the mountains, which includes backcountry cooking. See our suggested Food Plan
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Gratuities for guide team
2 Spaces Available
- The availability listed on this page reflects changes within the last 48 hours.
- Please review our Cancellation & Refund policy prior to booking.
- Dates & Prices are subject to change.
- Trip cancellation insurance should be purchased within 21 days of booking your course.
Rainier Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $300.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the course start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the course start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the course start date.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made via email to our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
Trip Cancellation insurance is the only way to receive reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
This course is exactly what I signed up for. My overall expectations from this course is that I would walk away with a baseline of skills and knowledge necessary to be a contributing member on a rope team. After this course, I feel confident that I can safely and effectively climb on future climbs that […]