- A deposit of $500.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the course.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to course start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the course.
- Round trip transportation from Seattle to North Cascades / Mount Rainier
- NPS climbing cost recovery fee and park entrance fee
- Guide fees (4:1 climber-to-guide ratio, 2:1 on summit day)
- Group equipment such as ropes, snow and ice protection, etc.
- Cotton Alpine Ascents T-shirt
Price Does Not Include
- Personal gear (see equipment list)
- Meals on course for first 6 days. Meals will be provided on Rainier portion (excluding lunches). Part of our ethic is to teach self-sufficiency in the mountains and we offer a comprehensive menu plan upon registration
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle. (We have a preferred arrangement with the MarQueen Hotel, 1 block from our office)
- Transfers between airport and Alpine Ascents Seattle location
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
- Trip cancellation insurance
May 13 – 21
May 31 – June 8
June 18 – 26
June 30 – July 8
July 30 – August 7
August 11 – 19
August 19 – 27
August 27 – September 4
- The availability listed on this page reflects changes within the last 48 hours.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
Rainier Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the course start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the course start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the course start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
Trip Cancellation insurance is the only way to receive reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
I understand the course to be an introduction to the sport and an exposure to the skills needed to minimize risk and enjoy the settings to the fullest. My intentions are to continue climbing for many years to come and I will absolutely consider Alpine Ascents my first choice for guiding on any of them as well as possibly attending some of the more advanced climbing courses offered.