The Forty Below® Camp Booties™ are a great choice as your synthetic insulated camp bootie. WINNER of Best Camp Booties from BACKPACKER Magazine!
They provide support and control while walking around camp and help keep your feet warm even if damp. The closed cell foam footbed adds cushion and added insulation, and is removable, so they can be used like a sock when inside a sleeping bag.
- Lacing: Goes on the top of the foot and around the ankle, providing support and control when walking around. No more floppy camp booties! The ribbon lace is smooth and comfortable.
- Sole material: A thin rubber fabric (1-2 mm thick) bonded to a slightly stretchy nylon fabric with a small dot pattern, that stays flexible even at -40F and sheds snow easily.
- Body fabric: Taffeta nylon outer fabric upper, which is not coated to allow for maximum moisture to escape from the inside to help them dry fast.
- Lower side rand: Made of Cordura nylon that is waterproof coated and adds durability
- Inner Lining: made of nylon lining to make them easy to slide socks in and out of them.
- Insulation: Polyester filament insulation goes completely around and under the foot. Made of Lamilite®, a unique and proprietary insulation from Wiggy’s Inc. made from silicone treated continuous filament fiberfill that provides insulation even if wet, as compared to down/feather insulation which provide no insulation when wet. We use Lamilite® brand insulation because it has many unique advantages: The filaments are bonded to the nylon face fabric to allow for maximum thickness and durability. The fibers are treated with silicone, instead of glues/binding agents, so it enables the fibers to spread apart rather than clump together, and allows for water to travel on it for faster drying.
- Footbed: The removable 1/4″ thick closed cell foam adds cushion and insulation. This is unique, enabling you to take them out for the technique to wear them inside a double shelled mountaineering or ski boot when its regular liner is removed for drying, enabling you to wear your boots in camp with cozy camp booties inside. The feature also enables them to be worn like a sock, making it also functional to wear these inside a sleeping bag and allow for the foot to move more freely in the bottom.
- Machine or hand washable: Remove lacing first, use mild soap or detergent, and Air Dry or Low Heat setting on dryer.
Hand Crafted in the USA!
- Small: US W 5-7 (fits a foot length up to 9.0 inches/23cm).
- Medium: US M 7-9.5, W 7.5-10 (fits a foot length up to 10 inches/25.5cm)
- Large: US M 10-12, W 10.5+ (fits a foot length up to 11 inches/28cm)
- Extra Large: US M 12.5-15 (fits a foot length up to 12 inches/34.5cm)
Weight: 10oz / 295g (per pair-size Medium)