Why Ski Mount Adams with Alpine Ascents?
Alpine Ascents International has been traveling in the mountains for more than 32 years. In our three decades guiding and instructing, we have utilized every tool available to today’s skier, splitboarder, or aspiring ski/split mountaineer. Alpine Ascents’ heritage includes many trips to truly remote skiing/riding destinations like Greenland, the North Pole, the South Pole, and the Alaska Range.
- Our instructor team includes AIARE instructors, avalanche forecasters, AMGA ski guides, ski patrollers, IFMGA-certified guides with a broad range of experience
- We offer convenient weekend courses in world-class backcountry ski terrain near Seattle
- Gear rentals are available for all Alpine Ascents students
Our world-class instruction covers:
- How to plan for travel in backcountry terrain utilizing avalanche and weather forecasts, maps and other resources
- Use and maintenance of backcountry skiing and snowboarding equipment
- Self-care and layering in the winter backcountry environment
- Use of beacon, shovel and probe in avalanche rescue
- Uphill travel techniques including skinning, track setting and kick turns
- Downhill movement skills for powder skiing and navigating challenging snow conditions
- Efficiency in transitions between uphill and downhill travel
- Planning a backcountry descent with team members
- Reading terrain and finding best snow conditions
- Ways to spot and avoid common trigger points
- How to analyze terrain (slope angle, aspect, terrain hazards)
- Leave No Trace principles and their application in snowy terrain
I couldn’t have been happier with this climb. This was my first major summit and it was perfectly executed and the guides seemed to be an all-star team. The logistics were flawless, and it was awesome to have transportation to and from Seattle. From start to finish, the experience was one I will never forget and AAI will be my first recommendation to anyone getting into this sport.