Skip to content

October 12th Team Flight delayed to TIMIKA

Posted on October 15, 2025 | Cybercasts

Hello Everyone,

The Carstensz team #2 end up not flying to TIMIKA this evening. Because of the logistics part of this remote mountain approach and weather condition, the team ahead of us were not able to fly to Carstensz base camp which directly pushed back our schedule.

Now we have to wait few more days here in Bali until it’s our turn to fly from TIMIKA to Carstensz base camp. We moved to different hotel today, enjoyed another group dinner. We hope the weather will improve and climbers ahead of us will start flying to base camp so we can get one step closer. The team is doing well and hanging in here waiting patiently, will keep it posted and update as we go day by day. Thanks for following along.

Jangbu

Follow Us on Instagram

@alpineascents

Denali, Alaska
Vinson Massif, Antarctica
Mount Rainier, Washington
Mount Everest, Nepal
Mount Baker, Washington
Shishapangma, Tibet
Antisana, Ecuador
Mount Baker, Washington
Island Peak, Nepal