- $5,000.00 deposit, due with application
- $25,000.00 payment due 120 days prior to departure.
- Please note if you would like to pay the balance with a credit card a
3% surcharge will be added to your balance.
- We also offer an extra oxygen and Sherpa support package. Contact us for details.
- Hotels in Kathmandu (3 nights at beginning of Expedition, 1 night at end. Note: there is 1 extra day built into climb)
- Transport to Tibet (RT) from Kathmandu
- Hotels in Lhasa ( 1 night ) Zhangmu, Nylam and Tingri
- All ground transport to Base Camp
- All group camp supplies, such as tents, stoves, etc.
- All group climbing gear including minimum of 2.5 bottles of oxygen per climber.
- All meals while trekking and climbing
- Welcome and Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Climbing and trekking permits
- Guides, Sherpa, yaks, porters, and support staff. approximately 4:1 climber to guide ratio.
Price Does Not Include
- $25 Wire Transfer Fee (If Applicable)
- International round-trip airfare USA-Kathmandu ( one night lodging in KTM after expedition )
- Meals in Kathmandu excluding Welcome and farewell dinner
- Personal gear (see gear list)
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Personal expenses (i.e. laundry, mail, telecommunications)
- Trip cancellation insurance (highly recommended)
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents
- Visas – China and Nepal (2016 cost was $200)
- Flight to Lhasa (extra flight fee may be incurred if we have to fly)
- Evacuation fee for early departure (approximately $1500.00)
8/26 – 10/10/17 – Register
Arrive Kathmandu 8/28. Depart Kathmandu 10/9.
- All schedules account for round trip travel from home country.
- Please contact our office for the most up to date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round trip international airfare not included.
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. SRS available for an additional charge.
- Dates & Prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Cho-Oyu Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Each $5,000.00 deposit is non-refundable.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
- Full refunds, less deposit, will be provided 120-days prior to departure date.
- 50% refunds will be provided 90-119 days prior to departure date.
- No refunds will be provided 89-days prior to departure date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120th-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.