A native of Port Angeles, WA, Sam’s outdoor career began at a young age in the small yet rugged Olympic Mountains. These days, he lives seasonally in Bozeman MT, making the most of the incredible ice and mixed climbing in the greater Yellowstone region. His favorite routes tend to be big walls or alpine rock and ice climbs. He guides for Alpine Ascents in Alaska and the Cascades, and has been lucky enough to make two trips to Antarctica. A former college athlete, his non-climbing interests include distance running, reading, and traveling to new places.
- Rainier, 28+ Summits by 6 different Routes, ski descent
- Denali, West Buttress – 5x
- Mt Vinson – 4 summits
- AK Range, Reality Peak, FA Devil’s Advocate, V WI5 M4
- AK Range, Pt 7400, FA Gangster’s Paradise, V AI4 M6 A2
- AK Range, Mt Huntington, Harvard Route, VI 5.9 C1 and Colton Leach, VI M6
- Nepal Himalaya, FA Chukyima Go, 6259m, V M4 85 degrees
- Hyalite Canyon, Winter Dance WI6
- Canadian Rockies, Nemesis WI6, Curtain Call, WI6
- El Capitan, The Nose in a Day, VI 5.10 C1
- Avalanche Level III
- Wilderness First Responder
- AMGA Rock Guide
- Aspirant Alpine Guide, Ski Guide Course
Good program. Very professionally run and organized. Both guides had excellent mountaineering skills and were very willing to teach and share their skills. This is my second climb with Alpine Ascents and it is very well organized and seem to have the best interests of the climbers in mind.