$5,200.00 – Fall Trek
Fall Trek price includes helicopter to be used Lukla to KTM or on return to KTM after the trip. This usually alleviates the common weather delays when flying out of Lukla. We also have the option of using the helis to fly into Lukla. The use of helis provides a much more reliable as plane flights are often cancelled. Having helis built into the program provides a far better service to trekkers.
$5,100.00 – Spring Trek
Spring Trek includes guaranteed heli flight to back to Kathmandu (weather permitting). This is a very important feature as new airport for these flights is 5 hours drive from KTM.
- A deposit of $700.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
- Transportation to and from airport in Kathmandu
- Hotels in Kathmandu
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Flight, round-trip, to Lukla
- All group camp supplies, such as tents, stoves, etc.
- All meals while trekking
- Park fees and trekking permits
- Sherpa, porters and guides
Price Does Not Include
- $25 Wire Transfer Fee (If Applicable)
- International round trip airfare USA-Nepal
- Helicopter departure. (Optional)
- Meals in Kathmandu (excluding welcome and farewell dinner)
- Day 3 meals not included (except breakfast for those who arrive on day 2)
- Personal gear (see equipment list)
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Personal Items (gifts, etc)
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Single supplement upon request
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure ( evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Please note that climbers have been delayed in Lukla awaiting return to KTM. At times helicopters can fly when planes cannot. Helicopter cost is approximately $400 paid by the trekker
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents
March 27 – April 18, 2020 – Sold Out
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
Arrive Kathmandu 3/28 or 29. Depart Kathmandu 4/17 – early departure options available
April 19 – May 10, 2020
Lead Guide: Carole Tejas
Arrive Kathmandu 4/20 by 2pm. Depart Kathmandu 5/9 – early departure options available
October 17 – November 8, 2020
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
Arrive Kathmandu 10/18 or 19. Depart Kathmandu 11/7 – early departure options available
Everest Trek Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the expedition start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the expedition start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Great trip. Vern and Carol were great. Beautiful people and venues. Would love to go back one day and explore more areas. Beyond expectations. And Vern played the guitar, very cool. Amazing leadership and I think he should become a professional speaker when he retires. Amazing stories and experiences.