Pisco Oeste Climb – Pictures
The Peru Team would like to share with you some pictures from their successful Pisco Climb. These fantastic views are considered by many climbers to be the best in the White Range.
1. Sunrise. The Huandoy mountains in the background.
2. One of the two Alpine Ascents rope teams nearing the summit of Pisco Oeste
3. The view to the north from the Pisco summit. The pointy pyramids on the center left are Alpamayo and Artesonraju.
4. The view to the south. From left to right: Chopicalqui, Huascaran Sur and Huascaran Norte.
5. The Alpine Ascents team at the summit. Sharon, John, Nico and Paul.
We were spoiled during the entirety of the trip. Lodging was excellent. The food was magnificent. The weather was great. I even had the opportunity to sleep out under the brilliant stars at high altitude.