Private Guiding in the Alps
- Our Private Guiding in the Alps program includes a variety of climbs and trekking options in France, Italy and Switzerland, including Mont Blanc, the Matterhorn, and the Eiger.
Given the low climber-to-guide ratio offered in the Alps, private guiding is an excellent option for those who want to customize a program or need particular departure dates. The flexibility benefits both the beginner climber and experienced climber as we can easily customize programs. While we feel our scheduled climbs offer an excellent opportunity for most climbers, circumstances may warrant a private climb to better suit your needs. Please note this is a rapidly growing program and we suggest contacting Alpine Ascents as early as possible.
We are committed to providing you with a comprehensive program, including managing all of the logistics and ensuring you have a safe, fun, and educational experience.
We can offer:
- A fully customized trip led by an American IFMGA/AMGA-certified guide
- Exact start dates specific to your needs and schedule
- An experienced, on-site Alps director, located in Chamonix/Zermatt during the season
- Specific trip additions/modifications – such as adding more time for acclimatization, incorporating a summit attempt on an additional peak, or adjusting the itinerary based on weather and conditions
Each season, Alpine Ascents offers many private climbs for a number of reasons. In the past, we have created Mont Blanc summit climbs that are technical climbing weekend getaways for skilled climbers that are limited on time. We have also worked with small groups of up to four climbers to create their perfect European climbing vacation. For the beginner climber, we offer an introductory mountaineering course that goes at your pace and schedule. The advanced climber might enjoy a customized trip with a focus on climbing the Alps Trilogy, which includes climbing the Mont Blanc, the Matterhorn, and the Eiger, among other technical objectives.
Unlike other companies operating in the European Alps, we have the unique quality of being a high-end travel company that specializes in mountaineering expeditions. We bring our many years of experience as one of the best climbing companies in the world to create your custom or private expedition. Please email our Alps director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or trip inquiries and we will help make your European climbing dreams a reality.
Pricing And What Is Included On The Trips
Our Private Climb rates for the 2019 summer season are”
1:1 $970 per person
2:1 $650 per person
3:1 $475 per person
4:1 $355 per person
- IFMGA-certified mountain guide fees
- Hut reservations per itinerary, climber is required to cover hut costs which can be paid when arriving at hut
- Climbing and trekking permits fees
- Park fees
- All group climbing gear
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- All hotels
- All hut costs
- All trams/lifts
- All meals not listed above (meals in Chamonix)
- Lunches during the climb
- International airfare USA – Geneva – USA
- Shuttle from Geneva to Chamonix
- Personal gear (see Gear List)
- All personal snack/lunch food, alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks (bottled water)
- Any extra nights’ lodging in Chamonix beyond itinerary
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents International
The guides were both able to perform in the leadership role and would transition from one to the other seamlessly. In fact together they made a great pair of leaders – keeping us motivated, encouraged and pushing our limits (always with safety as the paramount consideration).