The Porter 85 is stripped down pack designed for mountaineers that that want to travel light but not compromise on key pack features that will help you during your climb..
Made from 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics, this backpack is highly durable and weatherproof. and can be used anywhere, in any season, for any length of time. It has attachable accessories available (Porter Stuff Pocket, Porter Water Bottle Holders, or extra gear for trip-specific customization) and also includes added frame sheet suspension for greater load carry and a D-shaped flat bottom to keep the pack upright when loading/unloading in the snow. The pack also features:
- Internal Pockets: Internal 8″ x 8″ zippered pocket
- Zippered Pockets: Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Top Closure: Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Hip Belt: Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Back: Integrated plastic-reinforced 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Loops: Grab Loop
- Side Straps: Six side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Compression Straps: Top Y-strap compression designed to secure gear
- Shoulder Straps: Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Sternum Straps: Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Stays: Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Sealing: Seam tape on all vertical side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Daisy Chains: Daisy chains on shoulder straps, four external, vertical daisy chains for attaching extra gear for trip-specific customization and allows two ice axes to be carried.
For sizing the correct pack, please refer to this video and explanation.
|Weight||2lb 10.4oz (average)||2lb 10.4oz (average)||2lb 10.4oz (average)||2lb 10.4oz (average)|
|Capacity||85 liter||85 liter||85 liter||85 liter|
|Fits Torso||15 in – 17 in||17 In – 19 In||19 In – 21 In||21 In +|
|Fits Waist||26.5 In – 40 In||27.5 In – 41 In||29.5 In – 42 In||29.5 In – 42 In|