Vacas Valley (Polish Variation)
$5,100.00 (per person, double occupancy) – extra fee for porters
$5,800.00 (per person, double occupancy) – includes Porters
- $700.00 deposit, due with application
- Balance due 120 days prior to departure
- All land transportation in Argentina
- Airport pickup on arrival
- Hotel accommodations in Mendoza for one night before climb based on shared occupancy (climbers descending early may incur extra hotel fees)
- Climbers pay for hotel rooms upon return to Mendoza after trip to best accommodate port trip rooming preferences
- Hotel accommodations in Penitentes, Argentina (dormitory style)
- Meals: Alpine Ascents pays for all meals from the first night’s dinner (on scheduled date) until departure from the mountain. Climbers pay for own meals upon return to Mendoza at the end of the expedition. (Breakfast is included as part of the lodging.)
- All group climbing gear
- Porters included for Normal Route
- Alpine Ascents will hire porters (whenever possible) to come to each camp and carry out waste instead of climbers carrying waste to higher camps for both routes
- All group supplies, such as tents, stoves etc.
- Mules to carry gear to Base Camp
Price Does Not Include
Detailed confirmation package will be sent upon booking.
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- International round-trip airfare USA – Mendoza
- Climbing permit fee ($850 – $1100, depending on season)
- Single room supplement (hotels only)
- Guide tips
- Porters for Vacas Valley Traverse (Porters are available – contact us for details)
- Some supplemental snacks such as candy bars – see confirmation materials
- Hotels in Mendoza after climb*
- Additional hotels, meals, and transportation should the climb end early (full schedule of departure evacuation fees will be sent before trip
- Final transfer to airport on completion of trip (due to multiple departure schedules)
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- All fees for early departure from team (such as non-scheduled mule transport). These fees to be outlined in confirmation materials for early departure.
- Personal gear
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents
- Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended (details in confirmation package)
*Rooming arrangements at the end of the trip can be very complicated as some climbers leave early, roommate preferences can change and climbers may opt for a single room at the end of the climb. While we will make reservations for climbing teams, climbers will pay for the hotel in Mendoza at the conclusion of the trip to provide greater choice of rooming. In turn, we have added the service of hiring porters to carry out waste from each camp to maintain the value of the climb.
2017 - 2018 Schedule
Vacas Valley Route (Polish Variation)
Dec. 1, 2018 – Dec. 24, 2018
Arrive Mendoza 12/2. Depart Mendoza 12/23
Dec. 14, 2018 – Jan. 6, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 12/15. Depart Mendoza 1/5
Dec. 16, 2018 – Jan. 8, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 12/17. Depart Mendoza 1/7
Dec. 27, 2018 – Jan. 19, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 12/28. Depart Mendoza 1/18
Dec. 29, 2018 – Jan. 21, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 12/30. Depart Mendoza 1/20
Jan. 5, 2019 – Jan. 28, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 1/6. Depart Mendoza 1/27
Jan. 12, 2019 – Feb. 4, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 1/13. Depart Mendoza 2/3
Jan. 19, 2019 – Feb. 11, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 1/20. Depart Mendoza 2/10
Jan. 26, 2019 – Feb. 18, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 1/27. Depart Mendoza 2/17
Nov. 24, 2018 – Dec. 15, 2018
Arrive Mendoza 11/25. Depart Mendoza 12/14
Nov. 30, 2018 – Dec. 21, 2018
Arrive Mendoza 12/1. Depart Mendoza 12/20
Dec. 15, 2018 – Jan. 5, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 12/16. Depart Mendoza 1/4
Dec. 28, 2018 – Jan. 18, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 12/29. Depart Mendoza 1/17
Dec. 30, 2018 – Jan. 20, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 12/31. Depart Mendoza 1/19
Jan. 6, 2019 – Jan. 27, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 1/7. Depart Mendoza 1/26
Jan. 11, 2019 – Feb. 1, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 1/12. Depart Mendoza 1/31
Jan. 18, 2019 – Feb. 8, 2019
Arrive Mendoza 1/19. Depart Mendoza 2/7
Feb. 3 – Feb. 24, 2018
Arrive Mendoza 2/4. Depart Mendoza 2/23
- Most teams have a maximum of 10 climbers, sometimes we will take 11. Full-size teams will have a total of three guides. Occasionally one guide will meet the team at Base Camp or higher.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
- The availability listed on this page reflects changes within the last 48 hours.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- We are happy to provide specific day-to-day itineraries for your departure – please email us at: email@example.com
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page).
Aconcagua Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions.
Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 120-days prior to course, trek, and/or expedition date.
- 50% refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90-119 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days prior to course, trek, and/or expedition date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the 90–120-day period, as stated above.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
The trip was very well organized and the guides very experienced and professional. Our group became very close and the trip was enjoyed by all. I would highly recommend Alpine Ascents International to anyone who wanted a top quality adventure experience. I look forward to climbing with you again in the future.