Vacas Valley (Polish Variation)
$5,100.00 (per person, double occupancy) – extra fee for porters
$5,800.00 (per person, double occupancy) – includes Porters for group gear
- A deposits of $700.00 is due at time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid
by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
- All land transportation in Argentina
- Airport pickup on arrival
- Hotel accommodations in Mendoza for one night before climb based on shared occupancy (climbers descending early may incur extra hotel fees)
- Climbers pay for hotel rooms upon return to Mendoza after trip to best accommodate post trip rooming preferences
- Hotel accommodations in Penitentes, Argentina (dormitory style)
- Meals: Alpine Ascents pays for all meals from the first night’s dinner (on scheduled date) until departure from the mountain. Climbers pay for own meals upon return to Mendoza at the end of the expedition. (Breakfast is included as part of the lodging.)
- All group climbing gear
- Porters to carry group gear included for Normal Route (not personal gear)
- Alpine Ascents will hire porters (whenever possible) to come to each camp and carry out waste instead of climbers carrying waste to higher camps for both routes
- All group supplies, such as tents, stoves etc.
- Mules to carry gear to Base Camp
Price Does Not Include
Detailed confirmation package will be sent upon booking.
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- International round-trip airfare USA – Mendoza
- Climbing permit fee ($850 – $1100, depending on season)
- Single room supplement (hotels only)
- Guide tips
- Porters for Vacas Valley Traverse (Porters are available – contact us for details)
- Some supplemental snacks such as candy bars – see confirmation materials
- Hotels in Mendoza after climb*
- Additional hotels, meals, and transportation should the climb end early (full schedule of departure evacuation fees will be sent before trip
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Final transfer to airport on completion of trip (due to multiple departure schedules)
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- All fees for early departure from team (such as non-scheduled mule transport). These fees to be outlined in confirmation materials for early departure.
- Personal gear
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents
- Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended (details in confirmation package)
*Rooming arrangements at the end of the trip can be very complicated as some climbers leave early, roommate preferences can change and climbers may opt for a single room at the end of the climb. While we will make reservations for climbing teams, climbers will pay for the hotel in Mendoza at the conclusion of the trip to provide greater choice of rooming. In turn, we have added the service of hiring porters to carry out waste from each camp to maintain the value of the climb.
2019 - 2020 Schedule
Vacas Valley Route (Polish Variation)
Dec. 14, 2019 – Jan. 6, 2020 – Sold Out
Dec. 21, 2019 – Jan. 13, 2020
Dec. 28, 2019 – Jan. 20, 2020
Jan. 18, 2020 – Feb. 10, 2020
Nov. 24, 2019 – Dec. 15, 2019
Dec. 8, 2019 – Dec. 29, 2019
Dec. 15, 2019 – Jan. 5, 2020 – 2 spaces left
Dec. 22, 2019 – Jan. 12, 2020
Dec. 29, 2019 – Jan. 19, 2020
Jan. 5, 2020 – Jan. 26, 2020 – 2 spaces left
Jan. 12, 2020 – Feb. 2, 2020
Jan. 19, 2020 – Feb. 9, 2020
Feb. 1, 2020 – Feb. 22, 2020
- Most teams have a maximum of 10 climbers, sometimes we will take 11. Full-size teams will have a total of three guides. Occasionally one guide will meet the team at Base Camp or higher.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
- The availability listed on this page reflects changes within the last 48 hours.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- We are happy to provide specific day-to-day itineraries for your departure – please email us at: [email protected]
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page).
Aconcagua Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions.
Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120 days prior to the expedition start date.
- 50% refunds, less nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided 90-119 days prior to the expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days prior to the expedition start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Throughout the trip, my impression was that no expense was spared and that the guides’ primary goals were to keep everybody safe and give them all the best possible shot at succeeding on the mountain. This differs from prior experiences I have had with other companies and was a welcome change