16-Day Trip Land Costs
$4,900.00 (per person, double occupancy)
- A deposit of $700.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
- Trip reservation changes, if available, are subject to a $100 change fee.
- All in-country transportation
- Hotels in Quito
- All hut fees
- All group climbing gear
- All meals while climbing and outside Quito
- Park fees and permits
Price Does Not Include
- International round-trip airfare
- Personal gear (see Gear List)
- Meals in Quito
- Transport and lodging outside regular itinerary
- Single room supplement ($580 for 16-day Itinerary)
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents’ control – including extra hotels if climbers choose to opt out of any climbing portions
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
16-Day Expedition with Cotopaxi, Cayambe and Chimborazo
December 3 – 18, 2022
Lead Guide: Juliana Garcia (IFMGA)
January 7 – 22, 2023 – Sold Out
Lead Guide: Diego Zurita (IFMGA)
January 28 – February 12, 2023
Lead Guide: Jose Salazar (IFMGA)
July 1 – 16, 2023
July 22 – August 6, 2023
- All schedules account for round-trip travel from home country.
- All prices are per person, based on double occupancy for hotel rooms. Single rooms are available for an additional charge.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- Trip cancellation insurance should be purchased within 21 days of booking your trip.
Ecuador Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the expedition start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the expedition start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursed if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Every element of the expedition – climbing, logistics, leadership, accommodations – was excellent. My sense is that the entire expedition revolved around the best interests the clients rather than the convenience and interests of the company. Of note, in particular the quality of accommodations and meals exceeded my expectations, as this is an area that […]