We offer 16-day expeditions to climb the three volcanoes: Cotopaxi, Cayambe, and Chimborazo. Those with less time may choose a shorter itinerary, but we highly recommend the 16-day program.
16-Day Trip Land Costs
$4,450.00 (per person, double occupancy)
12-Day Trip Land Costs
$3,500.00 (per person, double occupancy)
- All in-country transportation
- Hotels in Quito
- All hut fees
- All group climbing gear
- All meals while climbing and outside Quito
- Park fees and permits
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- $40 for departure tax
- International round-trip airfare USA—Ecuador
- Personal gear (see Gear List)
- Meals in Quito
- Single room supplement (~ $900 for 16-day Itinerary)
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Personal items
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents’ control – including extra hotels if climbers choose to opt out of any climbing portions
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
We offer sixteen day expeditions to climb the three volcanoes, Cotopaxi, Cayambe and Chimborazo. Those with less time may choose a shorter itinerary, but we highly recommend the 16-Day program.
16-Day Expedition with Cotopaxi, Cayambe and Chimborazo
July 7 – July 22, 2018 – Sold Out
Arrive Quito July 7. Depart Quito July 22.
October 27 – November 11, 2018 – Sold Out
Arrive Quito October 27. Depart Quito November 11.
November 17 – December 2, 2018
Arrive Quito November 17. Depart Quito December 2.
December 8 – December 23, 2018
Arrive Quito December 8. Depart Quito December 23.
January 5 – January 20, 2019
Arrive Quito January 5. Depart Quito January 20.
January 26 – February 10, 2019
Arrive Quito January 26. Depart Quito February 10.
February 16 – March 3, 2019
Arrive Quito February 16. Depart Quito March 3.
12-Day Expedition with Cotopaxi and Cayambe
June 2 – June 13, 2018
Arrive Quito June 2. Depart Quito June 13.
July 7 – July 18, 2018 – Sold Out
Arrive Quito July 7. Depart Quito July 18.
Winter 2018 – 2019
October 27 – November 7, 2018
Arrive Quito October 27. Depart Quito November 7.
November 17 – November 28, 2018
Arrive Quito November 17. Depart Quito November 28.
December 8 – December 19, 2018
Arrive Quito December 8. Depart Quito December 19.
January 5 – January 16, 2019
Arrive Quito January 5. Depart Quito January 16.
January 26 – February 6, 2019
Arrive Quito January 26. Depart Quito February 6.
February 16 – February 27, 2019
Arrive Quito February 16. Depart Quito February 27.
June 1 – June 16, 2019
Arrive Quito June 1. Depart Quito June 16.
June 22 – July 7
Arrive Quito June 22. Depart Quito July 7.
July 7 – July 22
Arrive Quito July 7. Depart Quito July 22.
- All schedules account for round-trip travel from home country.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round-trip international airfare not included.
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. SRS available for an additional charge.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Ecuador Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy. Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $300.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 120 days prior to course, trek, and/or expedition date.
- 50% refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90–119 days prior to course, trek, and/or expedition date.
- No refunds will be provided 89 days prior to course, trek, and/or expedition date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursed if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Great program. The expedition was well organized and leadership was outstanding…AAI has the logistics dialed in on this one. No hitches in logistics. Lots of moving around from hotels to huts to climbing. Everything went as smoothly as one could possibly expect.