We offer 16-day expeditions to climb the three volcanoes: Cotopaxi, Cayambe, and Chimborazo. Those with less time may choose a shorter itinerary, but we highly recommend the 16-day program.
16-Day Trip Land Costs
$4,450.00 (per person, double occupancy)
12-Day Trip Land Costs
$3,500.00 (per person, double occupancy)
- A deposit of $700.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
- All in-country transportation
- Hotels in Quito
- All hut fees
- All group climbing gear
- All meals while climbing and outside Quito
- Park fees and permits
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- $40 for departure tax
- International round-trip airfare USA—Ecuador
- Personal gear (see Gear List)
- Meals in Quito
- Transport and lodging outside the regular itinerary.
- Single room supplement (~ $900 for 16-day Itinerary)
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Personal items
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents’ control – including extra hotels if climbers choose to opt out of any climbing portions
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
We offer sixteen day expeditions to climb the three volcanoes, Cotopaxi, Cayambe and Chimborazo. Those with less time may choose a shorter itinerary, but we highly recommend the 16-Day program.
16-Day Expedition with Cotopaxi, Cayambe and Chimborazo
December 5 – 20, 2020
January 2 – 17, 2021
January 23 – February 7, 2021
July 3 – July 18, 2021
July 24 – August 8, 2021
12-Day Expedition with Cotopaxi and Cayambe
December 5 – 16, 2020
January 2 – 13, 2021
January 23 – February 3, 2021
July 3 – July 14, 2021
July 24 – August 4, 2021
- All schedules account for round-trip travel from home country.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round-trip international airfare not included.
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. SRS available for an additional charge.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Ecuador Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the expedition start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the expedition start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursed if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Great program. The expedition was well organized and leadership was outstanding…AAI has the logistics dialed in on this one. No hitches in logistics. Lots of moving around from hotels to huts to climbing. Everything went as smoothly as one could possibly expect.