Climb & Safari: $6,900.00
Climb Only: $4,900.00
7 days climbing – 12 days roundtrip for climb only
7 days climbing + 4 days safari – 15 days round trip for climb & safari
Lemosho Route (16-17 days)
8 Day Climb & Safari: $7,700.00
Climb Only: $5,700.00
7 days climbing – 11 days roundtrip for climb only
7 days climbing + 4 days safari – 16 days round trip for climb & safari
9 Day Climb & Safari: $ $8,300.00
Climb Only: $6,300.00
7 days climbing – 14 days roundtrip for climb only
7 days climbing + 4 days safari – 17 days round trip for climb & safari
Prices increase ($200 climb & safari/$150 climb only) beginning January 1, 2021
- A deposit of $700.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Climb Only and Safari Only Options
For those climbers with limited time, we offer a Climb Only option for this trip at a reduced price. Contact our office for details. For those climbers that are interested in family members joining them on the safari after the climb, or for those individuals interested in experiencing the fantastic game parks of Africa without the challenge of climbing Kilimanjaro, we offer a Safari Only option on each of our departures. Contact our office for details and pricing.
- All Tanzania transportation on scheduled dates
- All hotel accommodations in Tanzania during listed itinerary (double occupancy; if we cannot find a pairing for you, additional fees may be incurred)
- All group equipment, such as tents, stoves, etc.
- Certain personal items such as closed-cell foam pads, inflatable sleeping pads, Boundary Bags, etc.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the climb and safari
- Porters, drivers, guides, park fees, and climbing permits
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- International round-trip airfare Tanzania
- Optional Serengeti balloon ride ($575.00)
- Tanzanian visas
- Meals, transport, and lodging outside the regular itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Personal gear (see Gear List)
- International vaccinations
- Optional single room supplement (hotels only)
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents International
- Tips and gratuities
- All prices and dates subject to change
All Dates are Machame Route unless noted otherwise
Dec. 6 – Dec. 20, 2019
Dec. 15 – Dec. 29, 2019
Dec. 27, 2019 – Jan. 10, 2020
Jan. 11 – Jan. 25, 2020
Feb. 6 – Feb. 20, 2020
June 26 – July 10, 2020 – 4th of July Summit! – Sold Out
July 5 – 20, 2020 – 8 Day Lemosho Route
July 17 – 31, 2020
July 26 – Aug. 9, 2020 – 1 space left
Aug 8 – 24, 2020 – 9 Day Lemosho Route
Aug 8 – Aug 22, 2020
Aug. 22 – Sept. 5, 2020
Sept. 4 – 18, 2020
Sept. 13- 27, 2020
(Prices subject to change)
Dec. 5 – Dec. 19, 2020
Dec. 17 – Dec. 30, 2020
Dec. 27, 2020 – Jan. 12, 2021 – 9 Day Lemosho Route
Jan. 8 – Jan. 22, 2021
Jan. 11 – 25, 2021 – 8 Day Lemosho Route
Jan. 17 – 31, 2021
Jan. 29 – February 12, 2021
Feb. 12 – 26, 2021
June 26 – July 10, 2021
July 9 – 23, 2021
July 16 – 31, 2021 – 8 Day Lemosho
July 24 – Aug. 7, 2021
July 30 – Aug. 14, 2021 – 8 Day Lemosho
Aug. 7 – 21, 2021
Aug. 14 – 30, 2021 – 9 Day Lemosho
Aug. 20 – Sept. 3, 2021
Aug. 28 – Sept. 12, 2021 – 8 Day Lemosho
Sept. 2 – 16, 2021
Sept. 11 – 25, 2021
Climb Only and Safari Only Options
For those climbers with limited time, we offer a Climb-Only option for this trip at a reduced price. Contact our office for details. For those climber that are interested in family members joining them on the safari after the climb, or for those individuals interested in experiencing the fantastic game parks of Africa without the challenge of climbing Kilimanjaro, we offer a Safari-Only option on each of our departures. Contact our office for details and pricing.
- All schedules account for round trip travel from home country.
- “Climb only” return dates are 3 days sooner than posted schedule. We are happy to provide specific day to day itineraries for your departure – please email us at: [email protected]
- Please contact our office for the most up to date availability for each departure.
- All land costs listed, round trip international airfare not included.
- All land costs are per person, based on double occupancy. Single room available for an additional charge; you may be charged single-room fee if we cannot find a pairing for you.
- Dates & Prices are subject to change – Recent price increases are due to new Park entrance fees and related fees in Tanzania.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Alpine Ascents offers a 10% discount for those partaking in back-to-back climbs of Mt. Elbrus, and Kilimanjaro two of the seven summits. This combination offers an excellent opportunity to save money and experience two extremely different climbs, while completing two of the seven summits.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Private Group Programs
Each season Alpine Ascents operates private climbs to Kilimanjaro for organizations, families, fundraising teams and a variety of social groups. Please contact us to assist in arranging your climb and safari, for your team. In most cases we can accommodate your schedule and as always, we will have an Alpine Ascents professional mountain guide lead your climb. Read More
If you would like information on the above please contact Gordon Janow
Kilimanjaro Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the expedition start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the expedition start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Everything from general coordination and accommodations to small details like the flowers on the table in our dining tent was amazing. No detail was overlooked and if there were ever issues of any kind then they were handled by the guides because I was never aware of any concerns. Everything was top notch. Our group was the envy of the mountain! You have found some great guides and crew – so keep doing what you’re doing!