- A deposit of $500 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the climb.
- Each deposit includes a $300 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to climb start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, or credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above risk forfeiture of their place on the climb.
Alpine Ascents is an authorized mountain guide service of Mount Rainier National Park
- Round trip transportation from Seattle to Mount Rainier
- NPS climbing cost recovery fee and park entrance fee
- Guide Fees (2:1 climber-to-guide ratio)
- Dinners and breakfasts on the mountain
- Group Equipment such as tents, ropes, and cooking gear etc.
- Cotton Alpine Ascents T-shirt
Price Does Not Include
- Personal gear
- Lunches on climb
- Meals while not climbing, including breakfast Day 1 and dinner Day 4
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
May 31 – June 3
June 5 – 8 – 1 space left
June 26 – 29 – Sold Out
July 12 – 15 – Sold Out
July 17 – 20 – Sold Out
July 25 – 28 – 1 space left
You can meet the prerequisite by taking our 1-Day Mountaineering Fundamentals
- There is a mandatory gear check the day before your climb at our Seattle office.
- Please review our Cancellation & Refund policy prior to booking.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- For questions about the number of remaining spaces on a given trip, please contact our office.
- Trip cancellation insurance should be purchased within 21 days of booking your course.
Rainier Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
Each deposit, regardless of amount, includes a $300.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the climb start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the climb start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the climb start date.
- All cancellations/refund requests must be made via email to our office within the deadlines stated above.
- If Alpine Ascents cancels or reschedules a program (prior to the start of the trip), all fees are refundable and/or transferable.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
Trip cancellation insurance allows you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents, or when extreme circumstances prevent trip services from being provided.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.