- A nonrefundable deposit of $700.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- The nonrefundable balance is due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
Four-Climber Minimum. For more information, please email [email protected].
- All transport on arrival PNG
- All hotel accommodations in PNG during listed itinerary (double occupancy; if we cannot find a pairing for you, additional fees may be incurred)
- All group equipment, such as tents, stoves, etc.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the climb
- Porters, drivers, guides, park fees, and climbing permits
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- International round-trip airfare Papua New Guinea
- Visas for Papua New Guinea if needed
- Meals, transport, and lodging outside the regular itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Personal gear (see Gear List)
- International vaccinations
- Optional single room supplement (hotels only)
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Alpine Ascents International
- Tips and gratuities
- All prices and dates subject to change
- Force majeure
September 6 – 15, 2020
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
Arrive Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea September 7. Depart Port Moresby September 14
4 Climber Minimum. For more information, please email Gordon Janow at [email protected].
- Please note that climbing permits on Mt. Wilhelm are subject to change at any time. This can result in the cancelling of an expedition, and climbers may incur a full loss of payment. Permit situations and control thereof can change quickly. Alpine Ascents will only operate fully legal, permitted expeditions, and given our successful history in the mountain, we firmly believe that our chance of success is excellent. Please contact our offices with any further questions.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below; round-trip international airfare not included
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single room supplements available for an additional charge
- Dates and prices are subject to change
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Mt. Wilhelm Expedition Cancellation/Refund Policy
Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Each deposit and balance payment is nonrefundable.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%. Payment details will be in your billing statement.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Both of these successes leave me with the impression that due to Alpine Ascents’ continued engagement in the Tanzanian area and working to a higher standard of excellence has left no question with the support groups what the objectives are. In short, Alpine Ascents has with the Kili expedition, set a level of excellence that is known throughout the Tanzanian climbing community.