The following rates are per person, per day
(May 15 – Aug 15)
|Non Peak Season
(Aug 15 – May 15)
*Food is not included on private climbs. Alpine Ascents can provide cooked meals (breakfast/dinner) on the mountain for an additional $45/person/day.
If a trip requires additional guides due to the climb objective or special needs of the climber(s), prices will vary.
- A deposit of $500.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a climb.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to climb start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the climb.
- Climb itinerary
- Guide fees
- Park fees
- Group equipment such as ropes, snow and ice protection, etc.
- Human waste disposal bags
- Cotton Alpine Ascents T-shirt
Price Does Not Include
- Food during trip
- Transportation to and from the trailhead
- Forest service parking pass
- Personal gear (see equipment list)
- Transportation to/from Seattle, Washington
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle.
(We have a preferred arrangement with the Marqueen Hotel, 1 block from our office)
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
- Trip cancellation insurance
Forbidden Peak Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the climb start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the climb start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the climb start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
Trip cancellation insurance allows you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
This is a great expedition and I look forward coming back again. Vern and Carole are awesome – very skilled and work well with the team both clients and local staff. They did a great job of sharing their skills, abilities, the culture and their experiences. I would sign up for another trip with them in a […]
ALPINE ASCENTS BLOG
Off-List Must-Haves Gear lists are honed utilitarian tools for packing for a trip. Our gear lists represent years of carefully considering only and exactly what is needed for a given climb. You might wonder: are there things worth bringing into the mountains not on our gear lists? Absolutely! Loaded Smartphone (the Electronic Multi-Tool) A smartphone […]
Cleaning Down Gear: What’s The Real Deal? Today’s down can be chemically treated so it is hydrophobic, and is available in super-powered 900 or 1000+ fill-power. These fancy, lightweight, and expensive items naturally give us pause at the laundry room door. We automatically know not to treat our down gear like a cotton t-shirt. So what’s […]
The Flats, Ingraham Glacier, Mount Rainier – 10:00 p.m. It’s the night before your summit push, and you’re lying in your tent wide awake. Your tentmate is fast asleep next to you. Adrenaline and nervous energy made it difficult for you both to settle down after dinner, especially since the Pacific Northwest sun was still […]
WHY BOOK WITH ALPINE ASCENTS
Knowledge & Expertise
Alpine Ascents International leads expeditions that have become benchmarks of quality in the climbing community. We operate what we believe is the finest mountaineering school in the country. This expertise is based upon years of accumulated experience-not just from individual mountain guides, but through experience on particular mountains where details are fine-tuned over time.
Our guides are an integral part of Alpine Ascents because they understand and share our climbing principles. These individuals are dedicated to sharing their excellence with others. Many of our guides have been with Alpine Ascents for over five years, with a handful of veterans working with us for most of their careers. The quality of our Guide Staff is the primary difference between us and our competitors.
Leave No Trace principles are fundamental to our program, and we encourage all who climb and trek with us to understand proper wilderness practices. We help facilitate this effort by passing on Leave No Trace training and literature to every Alpine Ascents climber.