Custom Gear Lists
Gear lists will vary depending on the trip. After arranging your private climb, Alpine Ascents will provide a gear list specific to your trip. You may view some of our standard Gear Lists as examples below; most private trips will be similar to those listed.
Alpine Ascents’ dedicated Gear Department is ready to assist with your climbing questions and preparations. Our full-time, year-round staff are available to give gear advice, enter rental reservations, or recommend purchases from our retail shop. All Alpine Ascents climbers receive a discount on each purchase in our Gear Shop.
Private Glaciated Climb Sample Gear List
Meals & Camp Cooking
Those electing to purchase a breakfast/dinner meal package do not need to bring a stove, cookware, or fuel. Those electing to cook their own breakfasts/dinners on the mountain must bring a stove, any necessary cookware, and fuel sufficient for the duration of the trip. Call the Gear Department if you have any questions about this.
Pack Size & Group Gear
All climbers will assist in carrying tents and climbing equipment (such as ropes or pickets) to camp. When deciding on a pack size, keep this gear in mind, and consider test-packing before traveling to Washington. Call the Gear Department for advice on how much group gear by volume or weight you will help carry to camp.
- Each item on the list below is required unless specified to be optional.
- If seasonal fluctuations impact the requirement for an item on your list, it will be specified.
- Item images represent one product suggestion for that item.
- Item images may or may not reflect the model of item available for rent.
RENTAL RESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Items with a price & check box may be rented.
- Check the box of any item you desire to rent.
- Complete the personal detail section at the bottom of the page, and click submit.
- If you are a non-Alpine Ascents climber seeking rental equipment, please inquire via email.
- If you wish to learn more about any piece of gear, the online Gear Lexicon is available 24/7.
- A printable/downloadable PDF version of the Gear Lexicon may also be accessed here.
- For in-depth articles, pro-tips, and advice on select subjects, check out our blog.
- Our experienced staff are happy to speak with you via phone, or via email.
- The Alpine Ascents Gear Store offers a wide range of products to suit your needs. All registered climbers are welcome to utilize the discount code contained in your confirmation materials.
The logistics of the trip were well-organized. The Sherpa support was fantastic – food was clean, tents/equipment carried and assembled, friendly. The route selected is the classic Everest trek, and you will see all the big peaks – Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Ama Dablam etc. Itinerary built in enough time to acclimate well.