Maximum 5:1 climber to guide ratio
- $425.00 payment, due with application
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- Round trip transportation from Seattle to Mount Rainier
- NPS Park Entrance Fee
- Guide fees (5:1 climber-to-guide ratio)
- Group equipment such as tents, ropes, and cooking gear etc.
- Box lunch
- Cotton Alpine Ascents t-shirt
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- Personal gear
- Transportation to/from Seattle, Washington
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle
(We have a preferred arrangement with the Marqueen Hotel, 2 blocks from our office)
- Transfers to/from Seattle office from lodging
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Guide tips
- Please contact our office for the most up to date availability for each departure.
- Dates & prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climbing and gear questions.
- Please note: there is a mandatory gear check the day of your course at our Seattle office. See your confirmation materials for exact time.
Rainier Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the course start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the course start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the course start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to receive reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
While I loved each and every expedition with Alpine Ascents, the Matterhorn expedition was superb. Our guide was a true leader and gifted climber. He went out of his way to increase our skill, confidence and sense of achievement.