Why Climb with us on our 10 Day Rainier Baker Mountaineering Course?
- One of the world’s finest and most longstanding Guide Staffs.
- most demanding course we offer with 2 summit climbs Baker and Rainier
- Our Rainier summit attempt is via the Kautz Glacier – the most challenging route we guide on Rainier
- Chance to learn ice climbing skills in preparation for Rainer climb via Kautz Glacier
- Intensive glacier training, developing mountaineering skills
- Travel to 2 distinct mountains
- Summit Attempt of Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker
- Rainier Summit attempt via the technically challenging Kautz/Emmons Route
- Excellent training for expedition climbs such as Denali and Mt. Vinson
- 8 nights on the mountain
- 2:1 climber to guide ratio on Rainier summit day
- 8 climbers per team maximum size
- Full gear check and gear explanation before climb
- Transportation provided to/from Seattle to all climbing locations
- Alpine Ascents International has been leading mountaineering courses for over 20 years
- Each climber gets an evaluation from the guide
- Gear rental available for all Alpine Ascents climbers
- Each climber receives t-shirt or logo item
- Completes prerequisite for many advanced Alpine Ascents climbs
This course is exactly what I signed up for. My overall expectations from this course is that I would walk away with a baseline of skills and knowledge necessary to be a contributing member on a rope team. After this course, I feel confident that I can safely and effectively climb with more experienced friends on future climbs that will allow be to build upon the foundation I learned with AAI. -2019 Climber
Yes. It was exactly what I was looking for. We got to learn and practice everything I had hoped we would. I do feel ready to use the skills I learned on future climbs. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and I have recommended your outfit to others.