$800.00 for internal flight
Costs based on 4 Trekkers with Alpine Ascents Guide leading
- A deposit of $1,000.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
- All in country transportation excluding flight to Bhutan from Asia (this flight must be booked with Alpine Ascents for permitting purposes
- Hotels and lodging in Bhutan
- Lodging costs are based on double occupancy
- All transport fees
- All group trekking gear
- All meals in Bhutan
- Park fees and permits
- Visas for entering Bhutan
- All guides
- Pack animals to carry gear
Price Does Not Include
- International round-trip airfare USA-Bhutan (Last leg must be booked with Alpine Ascents)
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- Single room supplement
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Personal gear (see gear list)
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Guide and local tips
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents International’s control
- Trip cancellation insurance – highly recommended
Note: Upon receipt of your application, you will receive additional information with regards to health, visas, immunizations, etc. We also encourage you to speak with our Program Director, Gordon Janow about your personal interests, so you may be steered towards enjoyable pre-trip research.
September 17 – October 6
- Dates & Prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Trek Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the expedition start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the expedition start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Guides were excellent! and all planned just right. Food and staff were great … the local staff was superior to the others we saw along the trail and from what we heard from parallel travelers, our experience was superior in all ways.