- A deposit of $500.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the course.
- Each deposit includes a $300.00 nonrefundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to course start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the course.
- Round trip transportation from Seattle to Mount Rainier
- NPS climbing cost recovery fee and park entrance fee
- Guide fees (4:1 climber-to-guide ratio)
- Group equipment such as ropes, snow and ice protection etc.
- Liquid fuel for white gas stoves (canister fuel is available for purchase)
- Cotton Alpine Ascents t-shirt
Price Does Not Include
- Personal gear (see equipment list)
- Meals on Course
- Meals while not climbing, including breakfast Day 1 and Dinner Day 8.
- Transportation to/from Seattle, Washington
- Hotels/lodging in Seattle. (We have a preferred arrangement with and the Marqueen Hotel, 2 blocks from our office)
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure ( evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
- Trip cancellation insurance
December 26 – January 2 – Sold Out
January 9 – 16 – 1 space left
January 16 – 23
January 23 – 30 – Sold Out
February 6 – 13 – Sold Out
February 20 – 27 – Sold Out
March 6 – 13 – Sold Out
March 20 – 27 – 1 space left
April 17 – 24 – Sold Out
- Please contact our office for the most up to date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below, round trip airfare not included.
- Dates & Prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Rainier Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Full refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 120-days prior to the course start date.
- 50% refunds, less the nonrefundable registration fee, will be provided for cancellations made 90-119 days prior to the course start date.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations made 89-days prior to the course start date.
- Alpine Ascents International will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the deadlines stated above.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
Trip cancellation insurance allows you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents. In many situations, this is the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
A letter we received from a Denali Prep climber I took your Denali Prep class two years ago. I just wanted to let you know that it saved my life this past week. Many miles, and many vertical feet, after your class I found myself on the Fortuna glacier on South Georgia Island, near Antarctica, […]