The Team assesses conditions at Camp 2

Hi everyone this is Ben calling in from Camp 2 on Manaslu. We’re doing well, all tucked into our tents after dinner and ready for bed. There was an avalanche up above Camp 3- between Camp 4 and Camp 3, we don’t have all the details just yet. We’re in a safe spot here, and we’ll be making a big decision here moving forward. I’ll keep you updated here on what we plan to do as of right now we’re in a safe spot. We will see what tomorrow brings and make decision on whether we keep going up or head back down. Thanks for following along everyone is doing well out here! We’ll keep in touch and let you know what we decide to do moving forward tomorrow.


  • Diabetes in the Wild

    Submission By Morgan McGonagle I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 12 years old. As a very active and independent 12-year-old, this was not a convenient diagnosis. I wanted to be outside as much as possible at the time and was planning to attend a summer camp where I would be away […]

  • Training for Mountaineering Webinar with Steve House

    Alpine Ascents International hosted Steve House, founder of Uphill Athlete and author of the training bible for mountaineers and trail runners, Training for the Uphill Athlete, for a free webinar on February 20th. Steve covered the training approach that he used in his own career as a professional climber which he now uses to help […]

  • Self Love and Wilderness

    Submission by Avalon Qian. “Tag responsibly, keep the West wild.” I pause mid-mindless-instagram scroll. This is not the first time I have seen this sentiment in an instagram post or an article about leaving no trace: “Tag responsibly.” “Keep the West wild.” What does this tag mean? I understand the fear that wild places may […]

Partners & Accreditations

Alpine Ascents International is an authorized mountain guide service of Denali National Park and Preserve and Mount Rainier National Park.
© Copyright 2024 All Rights Reserved. Alpine Ascents International