- $5,000.00 deposit
- Balance due 120 days prior to departure
- Please note: if you would like to pay the balance with a credit card, a 2.7% surcharge will be added to your balance
Four-Climber Minimum. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Helicopter flight from Timika to Carstensz Base Camp
- Accommodation (double occupancy) in Bali before and after the trek/climb
- All meals after departing Bali and before arriving back in Bali
- Tents and group climbing equipment
- All expedition logistics
- All climbing and trekking permits and donation
- All supplies necessary to make a strong and safe bid for the summit
- All expedition staff including qualified western mountain guide(s) and local support staff
- Up to two nights’ accommodation and meals in Papua one night prior to the climb, and one night following the climb
- Transport of 15 kg personal equipment from Timika to Base Camp by helicopter (20 kg max for internal flight from Bali)
- Porters if needed
- Satellite phone for emergency contact
Price Does Not Include
- Round-trip airfare Bali – Timika. Approximate ticket cost is $500, which we will arrange
- International air travel to and from Denpasar, Indonesia
- Indonesian tourist visa charges and airport taxes
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Meals outside Papua
- Personal travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance, and medical/security evacuation insurance
- Any rescue costs or costs of early departure from the expedition
- Costs from arriving early/leaving late
- Overweight baggage charges Bali – Timika
- Any costs due to flight delays/cancellations
- Extra chartered helicopters
- Personal domestic excess baggage costs
- Customary gratuities to local expedition staff, porters and guides
- Accommodation in Bali, beyond the two nights
- Accommodation in Papua, beyond the two nights
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Tip, telephone, bar, laundry, and any personal expense
- Force majeure
- Costs for delays that are beyond the control of the expedition
October 6 – 16, 2018
Lead Guide: Paul Koubek
Arrive Bali October 6. Depart Bali October 16
4 Climber Minimum. For more information, please email Gordon Janow at email@example.com.
- Please note that climbing permits on Carstensz Pyramid are subject to change at any time. This can result in the cancelling of an expedition, and climbers may incur a full loss of payment. Permit situations and control thereof can change quickly. Alpine Ascents will only operate fully legal, permitted expeditions, and given our successful history in the mountain, we firmly believe that our chance of success is excellent. Please contact our offices with any further questions.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below; round-trip international airfare not included
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single room supplements available for an additional charge
- Dates and prices are subject to change
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Carstensz Pyramid Expedition Cancellation/Refund Policy
Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Each deposit and balance payment is nonrefundable.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance.
In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
In brief, trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Carstenz was a lot more rewarding and fun then I had expected. Ben Jones did a great job with us. He is so kind, so patient, so easy to hang out with. I really liked him as a guide and as a person, he is **wonderful**. I’d sign up for Everest with him. Ben was […]