Vinson Climb: $43,000.00
Ski The Last Degree Only: $64,000.00
Ski The Last Degree and Mount Vinson: $84,000.00
- A nonrefundable deposit of $5,000.00 is due at the time of registration to reserve a space on the expedition.
- All balances are due 120 days prior to expedition start date, unless otherwise specified, and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%.
- Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their place on the expedition.
- All flights to and from the mountain from Punta Arenas
- All flights to and from the South Pole (for the South Pole ski tour)
- Support services while in the Antarctic
- All meals while in the Antarctic
- Lodging in the Antarctic
- All group climbing gear
- Guide services and fees
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- Meals and hotels in Punta Arenas
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- International round-trip airfare
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Personal items
- Evacuation insurance (required by flight service – details in your confirmation package).
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents International’s control
- All prices and dates subject to change
2021 - 2022 Schedule
December 2 – 22, 2021
Lead Guide: Ben Jones
December 13, 2021 – January 2, 2022
Lead Guide: Ben Jones
December 24, 2021 – January 12, 2022
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
January 4 – 24, 2022
Lead Guide: Vern Tejas
South Pole: Ski The Last Degree
Options to fly to South Pole and other Last Degree dates may be available
December 4 – 23, 2021
(this trip joins the Dec 15 Vinson for those interested in back to back programs)
- Please allow at least an additional two weeks after the expedition end date as weather and flight delays are not uncommon.
- All schedules account for round trip travel from home country.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below; round-trip international airfare not included.
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. SRS available for an additional charge.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Vinson Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Each deposit and remaining balance is nonrefundable.
Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions. We offer a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance For Mount Vinson
Trip evacuation insurance is mandatory for the Mount Vinson climb (as required by the flight service) and trip cancellation insurance (which also includes evacuation insurance) is highly recommended. Please note that your policy must run for two weeks after the end of your trip.
Trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition. (Please see Alpine Ascents’ refund policy for your climb.)
In most situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
To purchase trip cancellation insurance for your trip:
Everything went smoothly, the guides were great, the mood of the team was great, and the weather was great! The guides did a super job of keeping us informed and entertained. Good planning and logistics, good prior information and briefings. The posh houses are great as they provide a social center for the group. The […]