Vinson Climb: $41,700.00
Ski The Last Degree Only: $63,000.00
Ski The Last Degree and Mount Vinson: $82,100.00
- $5,000.00 deposit, due with application
- Balance due 120 days prior to departure
- Please note if you would like to pay the balance with a credit card a
3% surcharge will be added to your balance
- All flights to and from the mountain from Punta Arenas
- All flights to and from the South Pole (for the South Pole ski tour)
- Support services while in the Antarctic
- All meals while in the Antarctic
- Lodging in the Antarctic
- All group climbing gear
- Guide services and fees
Price Does Not Include
- $25 wire transfer fee (if applicable)
- Meals and hotels in Punta Arenas
- Alcoholic beverages and bottled drinks
- $150 entrance fee in Punta Arenas
- International round-trip airfare
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Personal items
- Evacuation insurance (required by flight service – details in your confirmation package).
- All expenses incurred in the event of early departure (evacuation fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond Alpine Ascents International’s control
- All prices and dates subject to change
2018 - 2019 Schedule
South Pole: Ski The Last Degree
Options to fly to South Pole and other Last Degree dates are also available
- Please allow at least an additional two weeks after the expedition end date as weather and flight delays are not uncommon.
- All schedules account for round trip travel from home country.
- Please contact our office for the most up-to-date availability for each departure.
- All land prices listed below; round-trip international airfare not included.
- All land prices are per person, based on double occupancy. SRS available for an additional charge.
- Dates and prices are subject to change.
- Please purchase trip cancellation insurance (see bottom of page) within 21 days of booking your trip.
- Please contact us with any questions as we look to provide excellent customer service answering your climb and gear questions.
Vinson Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Each deposit includes a $5,000 nonrefundable registration fee (per the flight service policy).
- All balances are due 120 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified and can be paid by check, wire transfer, ACH or by credit card with a surcharge of 3%. Payment details will be in your billing statement.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 120 days prior to expedition start date.
- No refunds will be provided 119 days prior to expedition start date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and be received in our office within the 120-day period, as stated above.
- Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions. We offer a plan in conjunction with our travel insurance partner.
Note: Alpine Ascents reserves the right to waive any fees. As we offer personalized service, we will attempt to accommodate changes and cancellations when necessary, waiving certain fees when feasible.
Trip Cancellation Insurance For Mount Vinson
Trip evacuation insurance is mandatory for the Mount Vinson climb (as required by the flight service) and trip cancellation insurance (which also includes evacuation insurance) is highly recommended. Please note that your policy must run for two weeks after the end of your trip.
Trip cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition. (Please see Alpine Ascents’ refund policy for your climb.)
In most situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
To purchase trip cancellation insurance for your trip:
Everything went smoothly, the guides were great, the mood of the team was great, and the weather was great! The guides did a super job of keeping us informed and entertained. Good planning and logistics, good prior information and briefings. The posh houses are great as they provide a social center for the group. The […]