The time has finally come for our team to start heading up the mountain again for our summit bid. We are tentatively looking at the 23rd for our summit attempt but that may change as we get another forecast or two in the coming days. Tonight though we will head up to Camp 2 early in the morning. Once at Camp 2 we will get another forecast, probably take a rest day and make a final decision before heading to Camp 3. The team is doing well, excited and a little anxious, but have shown incredibly patience through this long expedition. A lot goes in to analyzing the weather, and figuring out when other teams are heading for the summit before making a final decision on when to go. Right now the 23rd might be a busier day than I might like but given the forecasts it looks like the right time to get into position. Once at Camp 2 we can stall if the weather looks better a little later or we can move forward and summit as early as the 22nd if needed. I will keep you posted as we move up the mountain but right now we will for sure move up tonight to Camp 2.
Thanks for following along on this journey!